And he gave some as apostles, others as prophets, others as evangelists, others as pastors and teachers, to equip the holy ones for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ. Eph 4:11-12
Know You - What are your charisms?
Charisms are gifts given to us by the Holy Spirit - these gifts are to be used for others. How do you find out what your charisms are? The Diocese of Lansing is offering Called and Gifted workshops, where you can learn more about charisms and how to discern which charisms you have. Knowing what your charisms are will allow you to participate in the church exactly as God intended.
To learn more about Called & Gifted: https://siena.org/called-gifted
To learn more about charisms: https://siena.org/charisms-faq
Intentional Discipleship - What does it mean to be an intentional disciple?
Read Sherry Weddell's book Forming Intentional Disciples
Ways to serve as an intentional disciple
- Sit and be with others at soup kitchens - Catholic Charities, North End Soup Kitchen, St. Luke's
- Walk the St. Mary neighborhood - meeting, visiting, and praying with people
- Mentor men and women in the St. Luke's employment training program
- Give money to St. John Vianney School for scholarships
- Pray a rosary for those on the intentions list (found on the Pray page)
- Offer your skills as an electrician, plumber, construction worker, builder, contractor
- Participate in neighborhood clean-ups (ie mowing lawns of vacant and abandoned lots) to bring about beauty
- Give of your possessions or buy new ones as gifts - mattresses (in good, clean condition), appliances (washers, dryers, stoves, etc)