Pope Francis' Post-Synodal Apostolic Exhortation regarding and addressing the Youth (16-29 years of age 'youth') and the whole Church
We are Christ centered. We strive to provide a vision and services for the development of young adult ministry in the Diocese of Lansing, in its parishes and on its campuses, in order that young adults can experience community within the church and a call to a personal relationship with Christ. We are Catholic Christians (18-30's) who are called, active participation in the life and mission of the Church and good works.
The Diocesan Office of Young Adult Ministry, in collaboration with parishes, seeks to fulfill the four goals of young adult ministry as identified in the USCCB document Sons and Daughters of Light :
- Connecting young adults with Jesus Christ
- Connecting young adults with the Church
- Connecting young adults with the mission of the Church
- Connecting young adults with a peer community
- Advocating for the importance of ministry with young adults in all ministry settings.
- Resourcing parishes, campuses, and regional settings who wish to start or enhance their young adult ministry.
- Providing training for parish and campus young adult leaders/ministers, volunteer and paid.
- Sponsoring diocesan level young adult programming.
Diocesan Young Adult Advisory
To form young adults into intentional disciples of Jesus Christ.
i.d. 9:16 seeks to establish communities and provide opportunities where young adults encounter Jesus Christ, hear His call, and decide to follow Him. This process of intentional discipleship occurs through an orthodox teaching of the Catholic faith, prayer, evangelistic outreach, and the power of the Holy Spirit. i.d. 9:16 is an outreach of Renewal Ministries dedicated to helping young adults discover their deepest identity as a disciple of Jesus Christ.
Visit their website for more information.